Tuesday, April 13, 2010

by Cara

















Really Big Maybe Stinkbug - by Cara

I'm not touchin it!
Marco says that
Brianna says that
her brother got stank up by that bug,
and I don't know
what it's real name is
but it's for sure
a real stink bug.

If you touch it
it lifts up its butt and
sprays you
like Presto's gang did with the fire hydrant
last summer,
only stinkier,
Marco says,
stink like burning tires and dog puke.

Careful!
It's walking this way!

Sure is big.
And shiny black
like someone's been buffin him.
Like Sancho does on his duelly.

Kind of pretty.

Well,
I don't know if
it's for sure that bug
like Marco says,
but I'm not chancin it.

You touch it.




4 comments:

  1. I'm with Marco--I'm not touching it either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At once grossed out and impressed. Love it!

    By the way, I just finished reading Because I Am Furniture. It is a beautifully written book, one I am proud to have on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay you big wimps! Actually, I am pretty sure with the number of times I got really close to this insect and it did not spray me that it is NOT a stink bug. But I have been stunk up by one before and it is seriously nasty.

    Rebecca, thank you very much for your praise! And feel free to come by and be grossed out any time. :)

    ReplyDelete